Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye




This year was not my most favourite year

Today I will answer my last two questions in the reverb'12 challenge. I had intended to take this pondering into 2013, I was enjoying the insight that this challenge has given me. But now, has I stand on the edge of a new year, I want to leave 2012 and all that I felt, behind.  

Reverb12 Question12: What where your most intense emotions in 2012?

Often I felt overwhelmed, frustrated, helpless, frightened, daunted. I felt loss.

Five major events (for want of a better word) shaped 2012 for me. In each scenario, I was an onlooker. Big changes were happening for other people close to me, all effecting me deeply and emotionally.

I have struggled to work through these feelings, to identify them and what they mean to me. As the year draws to a close and I can take a step back, I can see things more clearly. I understand that these things happened and everyone is OK. We have to make adjustments, it's been a difficult year, but we have made it to the other side with smiles on our faces.

I am stronger for it.

Reverb'12 Question 13 - Post your favourite picture of yourself from 2012.

This was interesting. Did I even have a picture of myself taken in 2012?

One.

And I am not going to post it, it is not a favourite, I look as if have a double chin. Instead I'm sharing this photo of me at Byron Bay in July. It was the only other photo that I was in in 2012. It seems like the perfect fit for this post.

Tonight we will be joined by my closest cousins and their children. They have travelled from far and wide to be here on this night. Who knows when we will all be together again.

Right now, everything is, as it should be.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...