Saturday, June 22, 2013

A day out



 (the kitchen)

This week, Miss Moo Moo and I went on our very first school excursion together. It was perfect, a visit to one of my favourite places, Pioneer Cottage.

It was nice to see her in a different environment, riding the bus and chatting with friends from her class, some I knew and some I didn't.

With a few groups to go through the tiny cottage, some of our time was spent playing old fashioned games in the wonderful winter sunshine. Games like, 'drop the hankie', transported me right back to the playground of my own grade one years. At once, I remembered my friends and I sitting in a big circle playing this game in our lunch break, it was one of our favourite things to do. Hardly any of the children had heard of 'drop the hankie' and I wondered, what do little grade one girls play at lunch time? I was reminded once again that while some things will be the same for my children, some things will be different. I need to remind myself, that is OK, each day they are creating there own memories. All I can hope is that they are happy ones.

These photos where taken about 6 months ago when we visited Pioneer Cottage as a family. I forgot my camera this week, not that I would have been able to take photos of wallpaper detail and rag rugs while looking after my little group of grade ones.


(the entrance hall)





 (the sitting/music room)






  (the dining room)







 (the bedrooms and bathroom)

I think I could easily move into this house tomorrow, in fact, I think I wrote those very words in the visitors book, when I first visited here, years ago. 

If you love historic houses as much as I do, you might also enjoy this, this and this post.

Do you like to step back in time?

Do you think you where born in the era?

If so, then which era would you liked to live in?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, very much you...wouldn't it be nice to live so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely!
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. Your photos have me so wistful... I can'[t help but wish I lived in Pioneer Cottage.
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...