Saturday, March 1, 2014

Classic finds


My style is, without a doubt, electric. My home is filled with treasures from different era's and different countries. But at the heart of it all, is a great love of the classics. I believe you must start with the classics and build from there. So, I was thrilled to bits yesterday, when I found 6 metres of vintage ticking and some small squares of Belgian linen in my favourite oppy. I have been searching for ticking for over 9 months; on-line, at flea markets and at far away op shops. I even considered Spotlight at one point. But the Spotlight fabric was not what I wanted, a cheap imitation of what I had in mind.

I am so glad I waited... because this, was, exactly, what I was looking for.

I know that there will be cushions for the lounge room and maybe the underside of a quilt for my bedroom, perhaps some draw string bags, maybe some napkins or place mats? I'm not sure what to do with the linen yet. It is in pieces. I really love with the print on the linen, I might try and work it into a pillow of some sort...

Now, if I could just find the time!
 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...