Sunday, June 27, 2010

One of those weeks!


This image from here

It is amazing what we can justify to ourselves when we are very tired. Like this last week when I let all the rules fly right out the window, without even a second thought. Most days, all I wanted to do was crawl under the doona, eat chocolate and watch girlie dvd's. I didn't, but really, really wanted to.

Here are some of the things that we did last week, that are well and truly out of the norm.

• watching TV during dinner
• watching movies after straight after school, on more than one occasion
• eating ice-cream for dessert every night
• wearing my tracksuit every day
• having chocolate cake and store bought biscuits for afternoon tea, not a piece a fruit in sight!
• not doing the washing and sending my son to school in demin shorts instead of school shorts
• not doing the grocery shopping
• not making the beds

And on then Friday, for the very first time in five and a half years, I decided that we were going to go out for a family dinner. Just us, not because someone was visiting, not because it was someones birthday. Just because. Well, OK, I just couldn't be bothered cooking.

I was having one of those weeks!

But I think I might have started something. It was really fun night. Just the tonic I needed to shake myself up and get moving again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...