Sunday, August 14, 2011

Books and blankets



Some of my op shop finds from the last couple of weeks.

Firstly - two, like brand new, lolly pink wool blankets. I didn't need them, but for $8.00 each I could not leave them in the shop.











Secondly, some new (old) books. I have been avoiding the book section in op shops for ages as I have run out of bookshelf space. No problem, they are now piling up on the children's bedside tables.

I could not resist these finds. The eat your carrots book is a scream:

Eat your carrots, Sally

Please Sally, don't pick your nose

Clean your teeth, Sally

Put your bike away, Sally

Don't play with the television, Sally

(the picture here is of an old eighties TV with dials and knobs - I was always being told this)



And not really blankets or books, just some pretty patterned flannelette pillow cases - 50 cents each.

Go here, to see what other treasures have been found this week

12 comments:

  1. Those woollen blankets are a great find..Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds the books are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 'eat your carrotts sally' book looks a complete crack up!!!! Lovely, cosy looking blankies too, nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those blankets ... totally takes me back to being a kid. Actually my nanna probably still has some of these in her cupboard - best I check!
    And the carrots book sounds wonerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillow cases. The books looks like fun!
    Liz & Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! Gorgeous coloured blankets too. I would not have been able to resist them either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that eat your carrots book! My daughter's name is Sally! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful OP shop finds. You find some gorgeous things. Love the blanket especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those blankets are gorgeous - what a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic finds! Love the books and those pink blankets are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...