Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back to school


The days certainly have flown by this school holidays, it just seems like yesterday when I took this photo on the last day of school. We stayed fairly close to home over the break, keeping busy with playdates, sleepovers and plenty of family/cousin time. Dare I say it? I think that my kids are going back to school more exhausted than when they left, and that's saying something. I really love the relaxed pace of holidays: sleep-ins and late and lingering breakfasts, but I am grateful for the return to routine today. This morning, the toys were packed away and beds made, all by 7 am. Instead of 'grazing' all day long, well balanced meals have been eaten. It's bath time now, and dinner will be on the table by 6 tonight. If I'm lucky, I might even get to bed at a reasonable hour myself.

Yes, holidays are good, but I think that routines might just suit our family better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...