Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jam drop biscuits



I told you I felt like baking.

With a yard full of workers (landscapers) at our house on Monday, I had my chance. I intended to whip up a batch of peanut butter and choc chip cookies, that I had made last week, but I couldn't find the recipe. This happens a lot. I know I will find it, slipped into another recipe book, three months from now.

Instead I made these, the recipe is from the side of the cornflake box. I have to share it with you because (a) they are very yummy (b) they make heaps and seem to be keeping well, and (c) if I don't put the recipe here, I will throw out the box and forget all about the recipe.

Crunchy Jam Drop Biscuits
Makes 15-20


• 200 grams butter (softened)

• 1 cup castor sugar

• 1 egg

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 2 cups plain flour (sifted)
• 2 cups cornflakes (lightly crushed by hand)

• 1/3 of jam (raspberry, strawberry, plum or apricot)


Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. With electric beaters, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until well combined. Add the flour and cornflakes and mix well with a wooden spoon. Using a heaped teaspoon to measure, drop spoonfuls onto the baking tray about 5 cm apart. Flatten slightly and make an indent in the center of each biscuit. Fill the centers with 1/4 teaspoon of the jam. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until firm and slightly golden. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.

Also, welcome to my followers, 'olive and esther' and 'by b and e'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...