Thursday, February 10, 2011

My creative space... part two



I'd like you to meet Lenny the guinea pig.

He arrived earlier this week all the way from America to be part of the Queensland Flood Appeal Dolly Drive. Thank-you Jen.



So I guess this is Jen's creative space. But I wanted to inspire you to join in our Dolly Drive.

Please, pretty please, with cream on top.

As I'm sure you are aware, the flooding has not been the only cause of devastation in my home state of Queensland this year. My father, an electrician, has spent the last week in the towns of Mission Beach, Tully and Cardwell. He and his team have been working around the clock, trying to piece communities back together after Cyclone Yasi.

The Dolly Drive is running for another 5 weeks, close date is the 18th of March. If I can double the amount of dolls that I am already receiving, I will send half on to North Queensland.

They don't need to be elaborate, a simple softie can still put a smile on a child's face.

You can read more about the Dolly Drive on my original post.

I just want to thank some of the other lovely crafters in advance. There are quiet a few gorgeous softies in transit as I write. I can't wait to show you. Amazing!

Thank-you so much for your support.

If you want to see some more creative spaces, go over to kootoyoo and be inspired.

4 comments:

  1. Wow..I'm sure he'll be a big hit..there are sure to be kids out there who love guinea pigs..I had three as pets for years..Patch, Rascal and Scruffy...I loved them to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenny is stupendous. I'm certain he'd cheer any little one who was having a hard time. What a wonderful appeal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw - so glad to see Lenny looking all happenin' on the other side of the world! Maybe I can make a couple more by the deadline... we'll have to see! Thank you for this wonderful appeal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just finished my first crocheted doll, so I guess that means I am in. Please email me the address for collection (my email is in my Blogger profile). I won't be sending my doll just yet, I'll see if I can make something else before the deadline, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...