Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day Eleven: Harvest time











OK, so we won't be winning any prizes at the local show.

These are the first carrots that we (I) have ever grown. Obviously we have a lot to learn. I think seeds would be a better way to go. Just clumping a punnet of seedlings willie-nillie doesn't appear to get the best results. But I for one am happy that we were able to get a meal out of our carrots, truly, I hadn't expected it.

Despite their mutated appearance they were delicious roasted with wine, thyme and cumin seeds for dinner tonight.

Any tips on growing carrots? I'd love to hear from you.

Take a look here to see who else is participating in blogtoberfest.

2 comments:

  1. You need good quality soil with no rocks in it. When a carrot is growing and it hits a rock, it will split or bend to go around it! My first batch looked even worse than yours, but my fingers are crossed that a raised garden bed + organic garden soil = perfect carrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty awesome looking carrots! Well done. Lucky they made it to the table!!
    We had a few kids over for a play date on Monday and the little buggers pulled all my baby carrots out!! Can't wait to see your Beetroot next...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...