Thursday, September 13, 2012

My little baby girl turns six



Where have the years gone! It seems like only yesterday when a tiny baby girl was popped up onto my chest and then, whooosh! Monday, Miss Moo Moo turned six.

A tradition in our family has been to record a typical day in his/her life at each age. A time capsule of sorts. This is our little girl right now.

Miss Moo Moo - aged six.

• You are a sensitive and gentle soul with one of the kindest hearts I know.

• I love your latest drawings. Brightly coloured and very detailed. Beautiful houses, elaborate princess dresses and birds in trees. Your garden pictures are filled with apple trees, cherry trees, orange trees and different flowers: roses, tulips, geraniums and daffodils.

• You and your friends at school are crazy (crazy!) about drawing horses, your teacher has even set up a special 'horse gallery' on the classroom wall.

• You have a beautiful circle of friends at school, you like girls who are confident, but not bossy and who have an independent spirit.

• You give great cuddles.

• You can 'shuffle it' like nobody else I know. In fact, you could 'shuffle it' before I even knew what 'shuffling' it was!

• You leave little notes lying all around the house for me. Things like: "Welcome Mummy, I love you" and little drawings with flowers. They make my heart smile.

• You love school and fit in well. You love to learn. At bedtime I have to tell you to stop spelling out loud and to go to sleep.

• At playtime you love my little ponies, baby dolls, barbies, polly pockets and dress ups.

• You are generous and kind and thoughtful.

• You recently told me that you were trying very hard to stay off the monkey bars at school (your most favourite thing to do) so that other people could have a turn.

• You like dresses and skirts that twirl and rarely wear shorts.

• You can do a very 'evil laugh' on cue, it is your party trick.

• It is so nice to hear your tiny footsteps every morning as you walk into my bedroom, like a fairies alarm clock. I love that you are the first thing I see each day.

• It makes me happy when I see you playing with some of the old toys that you have. My Rainbow Bright doll, my Wendy doll and Grandma's 60 year old doll that you have loving named Louisa. You play with them gently, with care and respect, you are special like that.

• On a hot summer days you like nothing more than to go and get an ice-cream after school. Your favourite is Rainbow Paddlepops, although you don't mind the occasional Hava-Heart, like Mummy.

• You and I always wake up with the sneezes, as soon as the cold air hits our warm bodies we start sneezing, the boys never do.

• You sleep the same way as your father does, with arms out from under the covers or covers kicked off. No matter how many times I tuck the covers under your chin, within minutes, your arms are back out again.

• You love to play barbies and ballet dance with your daddy. How you talk him into being the lead dancer to your principal ballet dancer, I'll never know.

• This year will be the third year that we will go to the ballet together. It is such a special time. I reminds me of the times my mother took me to the theatre when I was a child.

• You have exceptional manners, you ask "May I" and say "Pardon"

• I love it when we sing all the words of a song together, just you and me. We turn the music up loud and sing like we are rock stars. But never when anyone is watching. Right now, we are loving Noah Jones, Kasey Chambers and Grace Knight.

• You miss my Nana even though you never met her. This melts my heart.

• You have a strength and understanding beyond your years, you put up with a lot when dealing with your, mostly lovable, but often challenging brother. As your father says, 'big shoes for such little feet.'

• My favourite moments with you, are when we are in the kitchen together, I am constantly surprised at your ability and skill, I think I forget that you are a big girl now.

• I love that you like to watch River Cottage or cooking shows with me, instead of ABC kids.

• We also love to watch old movies, Funny Face is still your favourite.

• I know now, as I guess I always have, you were send to me, to be my teacher.

Happy sixth birthday my beautiful princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...