Wednesday, September 19, 2012

We are off on a road trip


We (my monkeys and I) have spent most of today in the garden.

We are off on holidays tomorrow and had to finish planting some new seedlings before we left. I really want to do well with our garden this year, I have high hopes and have even joined a local permaculture group.

When I get back, I'll fill you in on what has been happening in our garden so far. We have pretty much started from scratch this Spring, with only some established basil, oregano and sorrel remaining from last years plantings. I am also intent to use all that I grow, I am ashamed to say that I let some of our vegetables go to waste last year, instead of finding ways to preserve them.

That said, I harvested some of our sorrel today, to be washed, dried and frozen in zip lock bags. With the high temperatures expected here next week, I didn't want to come home and find my plant scorched and unusable. I am looking forward to maybe a sorrel tart or sorrel soup on return from our holiday.

We are taking our 'first ever' road trip and will be away for a few weeks. I am going to try and blog while I'm away, but I'm not making any promises, it might not be possible.

If it is holiday time for you, I hope that you are able to relax and enjoy sunny days and good company. I know that we will be and I CAN'T WAIT!

6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to make use of all of the homegrown produce too, even if it is mostly silverbeet and spring onions.
    Enjoy your roadtrip.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara, sounds like spanakopita could be on the menu at your place:)

      xo

      Delete
  2. Hi there, enjoy your wonderful holiday!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October already!! Thanks Kat for letting me know about Blogtoberfest. I had so much fun being involved with this last year. I've just got back from holidays and have lots to share. Count me in. Better late than never:)

      xo

      Delete
  3. loved looking backward in on your road trip ... you take my favourite type of photos .... texture, close ups, people, street scapes, building & doorways .. thanks for sharing ... love seeing small country towns & my heart cries out for all those unused gorgeous historic buildings ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm glad I bothered to take those kind of photos. We saw so much, that it all seems a bit of a blur now.

      And don't get me started on those old buildings. LOVE THEM!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...