Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day


I have been making tiramisu this morning. We are forgoing our much loved, chocolate mousse on Valentine's Day this year, at Miss Moo Moo's request. 

About two weeks ago, she told me that she couldn't stop thinking about 'that' dessert. "You know the one Mum, the one that Nanny Marjie makes, the one you made for Christmas when I was four, the one with the cream and chocolate sprinkles"

Of course I knew. I suggested that we make it for Valentine's Day. 

If only she had been home to help, my best little kitchen helper. I used this recipe, a recipe that suggests I beat my egg yolks and sugar for 15 minutes. That's fine if you have a mixmaster, but I am still using my $20.00 hand-held, egg beaters purchased over 20 years ago, when I left home. So, with my little beater girl at school today, I got through it like this: I turned up this Dean Martin CD a little louder than normal, loud enough to hear over the egg beaters and loud enough to make the neighbours think I'm little weird. Add a strong espresso to drink as I stood at the bench and beated, and the 15 minutes seemed to fly by.

While my eggs and sugar were whipped to the perfect shade of pale white, I was dreaming about this mixer and this coffee machine. The perfect his and hers Valentine's day present's I'd say... perhaps next year!

1 comment:

  1. I have had dreams about a similar mixer as I bake more and more! I also have a handheld beater and often spend my time holding it wondering if I was a fancy shmancy mixer, what colour I would be!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...