Saturday, January 23, 2010

A delightful day


(photo taken at ages 2 and 3 years old in our old bathroom in Brisbane)

Yesterday I spent a delightful day with my cousin’s eldest children and Spunky Monkey at the beach. They are now 10 and almost 12. Wow! They hold a very special place in my heart, as we spent a lot of time with them when they were little. But things change. First, my cousin moved, then we moved, we had babies, then she had more babies. And in all the craziness that are now our times together (7 children between us) I sometimes seem to miss these older 2. So, I was incredibly grateful for a change of circumstances that had me spending some time with them. It was a pleasure and left me with a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

It was a magical day, lots of swimming (the water was divine!) boogie boards, skim boards, exploring, climbing trees, crabs, sandcastles and of course ice-creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...