Friday, January 29, 2010

Insight


(photo is from tiny happy's photostream, I forgot to take a photo myself before returning this book late this afternoon. See tiny happy's inspiring blog here)

Today I stopped in for a coffee at a friend’s house to collect this beautiful book. Somebody I admire, but don’t know very well, she said something to me that stopped me in my tracks. It was like she knew me, like nobody else, as if she had sneaked a peak into my soul (wherever it is hiding)

For the last 5 years I have spent all of my time with my children, husband and close family. They will tell you, they know me well, but they don’t really, they love me, yes, but that’s different.

They don’t really understand why I own over 300 cookbooks or how a cheese sandwich I ate 7 years ago is still in my thoughts (often) They don’t understand that certain fabrics or vintage anything can make me hyperventilate and well up. They don’t understand that if I don’t travel this year (or at least early next year) I will die! They don’t understand that there is a creative person locked in here, just bursting to DO something. I’m quiet happy to continue doing the washing, the vacuuming, the shopping, the cooking, but not just that, something else too.

It was nice to meet somebody today who understood that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...