Monday, May 10, 2010

Little angels on earth


(Spunky Monkey and me - 1 week old)

Our conversation at dinner tonight.

Me: "These were the fritters that my nana used to cook for me when I a was a little girl. Has grandma cooked these for you before? Lots of grandma's cook corned beef and corned beef fritters."
Miss Moo Moo: "I call them grannies. That's a nickname. I saw a granny before I was born".
Me: "Did you just say that you saw a granny before you were born?"
Miss Moo Moo: "Yes, when I was coming out of your tummy."

Miss Moo Moo is about the same age now as Spunky Monkey was when he told me the following story during one of his crazy bedtime chats:

Spunky Monkey (2 years ago): " I was in your belly and I went pop and was pulled out of your belly. I want to be in your belly again and I can pull the string. And it was all twisty, twisty and wrap around and they have to put their hands in mummy's belly and pull me out!"

Spunky Monkey was born by C-section because he was breached. The doctor did not know that the cord was wrapped around his neck until his birth, they apparently had quite a bit of trouble untangling him.



What do they say? The miracle of childbirth - indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...