Thursday, January 24, 2013

Some gains, some losses.


No trip away is complete without a few new purchases.

Before arriving at my Dad's we stopped for coffee, while enjoying a very good cappuccino, I spotted an op shop I'd never seen before. As the whole family were with me, I had to restrain myself to a few pretty hankies, and some pastel Tupperware. I was super happy at the little containers, as I had intended to buy some new ones for school lunches. I love it when things just fall into place.











Then there was a country market.

We were told by the locals that it wasn't a very good market this time of year. The last market, held in December, had been almost double in size. But that didn't stop us having a very productive morning out. The kids spent some Christmas money and I got all of the above for under twenty dollars. Three tablecloths, the white embroidered one is my favourite. I think it is one of my most favorite buys in a while. I LOVE it. The supper cloth with the yellow flowers and matching napkins was still in it's original packaging. So pretty. The trim is destined for a nightie (one day) and the small "goodnight" lace doily is now a bright white after a good soak.

I spotted the two embroidered tops for $2:00 each, as we were heading back to the car. They were all the lady had left, hence the bargain price. She told me that she had a box of embroidered dresses and one woman bought the whole lot! I might have been tempted to do the same, had I spotted her stall on the way in.



I also was lucky enough to take a peek in at least four other antique shops while my husband and kids waited in the car. This is a rare occurrence and while nothing was bought, it was still very fun.

It would have been lovely to wander around this antique shop and grounds a little longer. I did consider going back alone, for some more looking (me) time and perhaps a coffee out the back in the wisteria covered courtyard.


And on the day we arrived home, Miss Moo Moo lost her very first tooth. She was very excited to finally received a gift from the tooth fairy.

How about you, have you any interesting 'gains' at your house lately.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh some lovely finds there! I found a pair of Clarks Sandals for my two year old for a ridiculous $2! Had just been looking for a pair at Myer...as you said; love when things just fall into place.
    Hope you're having a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good find! I have been having a good week at the op shops this week, I just need to get around to posting about it. I bought a $2.00 pair of linen pants with the Italian shop tag still on them - brand new and originally $160.00 - yay for op shopping!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...