Monday, April 7, 2014

April is all about France!


When my children were just babies, I had an idea.

I knew that it would be a very long time before I would be jetting off to any far away destinations. So, I thought, that when they are old enough, I would do something like this: Each month we could learn about another country. About other cultures: the people, the food, the landscape. We would cook regional specialities in our very own kitchen and maybe even learn a few foreign words. You get the idea.

Well, with a little prompting...

In April we are learning about France!



We have started a special "Countries Around the World" notebook and have been cutting and pasting and colouring and writing.




Miss Moo Moo is really into it (she loves to learn) She has been grabbing her book at random and writing away, like this above. When I explained to her that the French words aren't written how they sound in English, we hit 'google translate' together and printed off the correct spelling of the words in French. She has even written out a 'procedure' for making wine. Tres mignon!

As for Spunky Monkey, he can take it or leave it, often announcing that he is far to busy for colouring in, when there is lego to be built. And more often than not, prefering to do any writing... later.




The coffee table has been piled high with French themed library books and dvd's.

Last Monday night, I helped out at my Mum's restaurant, she was hosting a 50th birthday party for a French friend, it was a weird coincidence.

 
We have started watching 'My France with Manu', already eaten way to many croissants,


and watched Monte Carlo more than four times! I secretly love this movie.

Again... Spunky Monkey, not so into this either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...