Monday, April 28, 2014

A belated Easter Sunday Lunch


As usual, an Easter Sunday Lunch had been planned at our house last week.

However, due to a 'not-very-nice-person' leaving my mum without staff over her busiest time of the year, I have been working some odd hours to help her out. So Easter Sunday lunch was postponed a week, to yesterday.

Since every child in our street, has their own cubbie house in my backyard, yes, it's like a cubbie village! (I must take some pictures) We decided to move the lunch to mum's house. It made the most sense, as she lives on a gorgeous canal, a much better view than my backyard.


We kept up our french theme for the lunch. Mum had laid the table beautifully with a Provencal tablecloth she had bought on her travels and blousey blooms of white roses.

I had originally intended to make this a longer lunch, one of those long french lunches that stretch over several courses and many hours, one of those long french lunches where there is way too much food and way too much wine. I had imagined a lazy afternoon nap under an olive tree. But... back in the real world, and in Australia, three of us had to go to work last night, so we did what we could.


Platters: Salmon Rillettes, Brie, Olives, Fruit, Nuts and Crusty Bread


Provencal Lamb stuffed with Figs, Goats Cheese and Walnuts
French Roasted Chicken
Roasted Vegetables
Green Garden Salad


Tarte Belle Helene (Chocolate and Pear Tart)


These roses on the table are reminding me of my time in Orange, I still have heaps of pictures of F.O.O.D Week to share. Maybe tomorrow? I have a few days off work and while I do have floors to clean and about 7 loads of washing to fold, lets get our priorities right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...