Sunday, April 17, 2011

'Olka Polka'


(And the winners are.... Sydney sisters, Sammy and Bella)

How gorgeous are these girls?

Congratulations Sammy and Bella, this years winners of My Kitchen Rules

Yes, I know that this is last weeks news, but I'm still so excited by it all!







They had me on day one with their beautiful 'Olka Polka' restaurant and their grandmothers beetroot soup. Yum!

I have been totally addicted to My Kitchen Rules and also very inspired. I am a big fan of TV cooking shows. I remember watching Bernard King and Peter Russell-Clarke on the ABC when I was about nine years old. But I was never interested in these competition type cooking shows.


(Brisbane sisters, Sophia and Isabella from Junior Masterchef 2010)

That was until Junior Masterchef came along. Not only was I inspired by these young cooks to become a better cook myself. But as a mother, it opened my eyes to what children can achieve in the kitchen.

I don't know what attracted me to My Kitchen Rules this time around. Maybe because the contestants seemed just like me. People who loved to cook and entertain. Week by week they were pushed out of their cooking comfort zones and became better cooks.

Masterchef starts soon, I have a feeling I might just be glued to that every night too.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics. My Mum watched MKR but I only saw a few episodes. Last week she was trying to describe who the winners were but I just couldn't picture them. Your pics jogged my memory! Enjoy Masterchef when it returns:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to read that you've had a good holiday..that area of NSW is beautiful. I really enjoyed Junior Masterchef too and am looking forward to the next Masterchef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a television here...well we have one with a DVD player for the odd movie...I don't miss it at all. But I do miss Master Chef and I watch a couple of episodes of MKR at my sisters and I know I would be hooked too if I had telly here. I can always catch up on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. many of my child friends and fans love Pierre and they have requested me to create a blog that contains some of there message. if you like you can read it at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/06/junior-masterchef-2010-pierre-khoury.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...