Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm grateful for...



This week I am grateful for orange juice.

Fresh oranges from grandma's tree, squeezed by the hands of babes.

My poor little boy has been home sick all week. I think it was Thursday, when I started getting cabin fever. I laid the big picnic rug in the backyard and ordered everyone out into the sunshine. Miss Moo Moo brought her board and drawing pencils, I bought a pile of books. But Spunky Monkey was still miserable. His pale limp body glowed in the sun, he headed back into the shade of the patio. He sat on a chair swinging his legs then asked "can we make juice?"



The panadol had just kicked in and we had a good hour or so until he would be back on the couch curled up in a ball. I said yes, and helped him bring a bowl of cut oranges, the hand juicer and a jug to the table, he brought out three cups. I was happy in the sun with a new cookbook from the library, so I left the kids to get started. I listened to them discussing how good oranges are for you as they worked.

Spunky Monkey squeezed as much juice out of the oranges as he could, then gave them to Miss Moo Moo, who ate whatever was left inside, every so often, I would get the remaining juice from any oranges Miss Moo Moo hadn't eaten.

It only lasted about 20 minutes, but it was the highlight of my week, that simple bonding time between the three of us, and the juice.....

It was delicious - made with love.

Go over to 'maxabella loves' for more gratitude posts.

4 comments:

  1. Freshly squeezed orange juice is oh so delicious. I hope your son is feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh me and the kids devoured three oranges today for an afternoon snack, in the sun on the deck...it was lovely...but those homegrown oranges squeezed for juice look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone is on the mend. Oranges taste like they could mend the world's ills, don't you think? Just the cleanest, healthiest taste imaginable. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to spend time together. Now I have a taste for fresh squeezed orange juice. *sigh*

    I hope that everyone is much improved now and heading in to the new week feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...