Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas Cooking





I went Christmas cookbook crazy at the library yesterday. This year I wanted to get in early before they all disappeared. I love, love, love Christmas.

To quote 'Delia's Happy Christmas':

"Happiness is getting a grip early"


Today I had a chance to sit with a cup of coffee and these books. I have been Christmas dreaming ever since. Actually, white Christmas dreaming, as most of the cookbooks are English.

Glazed Ham, Stollen, Roast Goose, White Chocolate and Sour Cherry Cheesecake, Bush de Noel, Panettone, Brandied Custard, Terrines and Fruit Mince Pies.

Everyone is the house is interested by what we will be eating this Christmas.

Miss Moo Moo has reminded me that we must have a tray of mangos and rum balls (we always do) And then, last night as I went to tuck Spunky Monkey into bed, instead of finding him engrossed in one of his bug/snake/shark/spider books as usual, he was happily flicking through "Margaret Fulton Christmas."

I think it will be another happy Christmas, with way too much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...