Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rum balls



We made more rum balls this afternoon. You can never have too many rum balls at Christmas time. I thought I would share my recipe with you. I know that there are some gourmet rum ball recipes out there, but this is the one I grew up with and the one I have made every Christmas since leaving home.

Rums Balls

• 8 weet-bix (crushed)
• 1 tin condensed milk
• 3 tablespoons cocoa
• 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
• 1 cup raisins (roughly chopped)
• 2 tablespoons rum

• extra dessicated coconut for coating

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at 2 hours. Roll into teaspoon size balls and coat in coconut.

The picture above is of Spunky Monkey's first Christmas. You can see how we start our Christmas morning, with a sweets platter and strong black coffee. In the photo there are rum balls, cherry ripe slice, panetonne and chocolate truffles.

Oh yes, I do love Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect way to start Christmas morning :) And I love recipes that are home-style, tried and true. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet tradition! i think i'll have to try out these rum balls this year. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! Rum balls are a staple in our house at Chrissy as well. I'm pretty sure our recipe calls for more than 2 Ts of rum, though. LOL. It's definitely 'adults only'!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this post!!!! I'm off to make rumballs now, we live in the middle east and sometimes it's hard to find all of the ingredients you need to make things that remind you of home. This recipe is simple and perfect! Wonderful.

    Kirsty

    P.S. Love your blog, I'm your latest follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made your rumballs and had to eat about 10, just to make sure they were good. They ARE good! Yum yum yum. Knew your recipes would be great JJ. Thanks! Fi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...