Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Accomplishing

I thought that once Spunky Monkey went to school I would be out, shopping and lunching and going off to the movies. But instead I chose to deal with a rather large thorn in my side, our study. Mr Moo and I have always unaffectionately referred to it as the junk room. No matter where we have lived or how many times we have moved house (6) it has remained the same. Well no more, I have time to kill and all of those unfinished little projects will be finished.

I spent last Wednesday in sorting mode and finished the day with 4 large boxes of I don’t know what (I’ll deal with that later) and a row of projects stretched out across the lounge room floor. 41 sewing projects to complete! Hmmm, that’s just one cupboard. I don’t think I will look in the other cupboard just now.

But the good news is that 6 days later I have done this:



Project 1. Finished making a mummy lazy day skirt.
Project 2. Hemmed this blue and white fabric I got for $2.00 at the markets and now have a new tablecloth.
Project 3. Turned this aqua linen (bought 9 years ago) into 6 placemats
Project 4. A belt for me made out of Sprout offcuts.
Project 5. Turned this vintage tea towel into a simple grocery tote, just like the one here.



Project 6 and 7. Finished making pillowslips for the children’s bedroom’s. Miss Moo Moo’s red floral fabric was bought from a lovely old lady in the Hanoi Fabric Markets (Vietnam). Spunky Monkey’s is made from more Sprout offcuts.
Project 8, 9, 10. Changed the handles on these kindy/daycare bags from a drawstring to tape. This has been on the ‘to do’ for at least a year.
Project 11. Turned Miss Moo Moo’s too short dress into a skirt for daycare.



Project 12, 13, 14, 15. Cut out and overlocked projects for craft night (more about that later)
These will be 2 sets of placemats, 2 cushions and 1 embroidered cushion.
Project 16, 17, 18. ( also for craft night but not pictured) an apron, an embroidery and coasters.



Project 19 and 20. Doll blankets, one for Woody, an extra blanket, as it can get very cold when camping out you know. And a little quilt, started when Miss Moo Moo was one years old, for her then new baby doll.



Project 21.
Made a tote bag from a Kristen Doran craft panel that I bought over at Kelani. ages and ages ago.

OK, so only 20 more to go. A walk in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...