Sunday, February 7, 2010

Feeling under the weather



I have been feeling a little under the weather the last few days. So, I have been taking it easy, alternating between pots of ginger and honey tea and spiced ginger tea, nana napping and watching bad telemovies. (I couldn't be bothered putting in a dvd)

But I did manage this:
Project 22: 4 new blankets for the barbies
Project 23: mended a doll
Project 24: started Miss Moo Moo’s Valentines Day present

And…Oiled the wooden arms of my new (old) bedroom chair with this polish. Not because I wanted to, mind you. But the upholsterer rang to say my fabric has arrived, he was now ready to recover the chair. Mr Moo sanded the arms back and it was my job to oil it. So it had to be done.

The smell of lavender and rose furniture oil and pots of spiced ginger tea bubbling away on the stovetop made my house smell amazing. Add some soft jazz music and I was almost cured.

Ginger and honey tea

• 1 x 5cm piece of fresh ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)

• 3 teas. honey

• 1 lemon (juiced)

• 500 ml water


Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and serve.


Spiced ginger tea

• 1 x 5cm piece of fresh ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)

• 4 cardamom pods
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 5 whole cloves

• 500 ml water


Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and serve.


I'm off to make some more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...