Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chicken soup for the soul



I just can’t seem to shake this flu. I am over the sore throat and head cold bit and now am just sooo exhausted. How to make myself feel better?

• I made a large pot of my Nana’s chicken soup. Homemade chicken stock (from the freezer) potatoes, onions, carrot, peas and macaroni. I know it is summer and 30 degress outside, but this is pure comfort food. My cousin’s and I ate this daily whenever we stayed at my Nana’s farm, which was often when we were all children.



• I made my children sit down and watch the “Sound of Music” with me. Well most of it anyway. I always, always watch this movie if I am sick or feeling sad.

• Went to dinner with my cousin and her husband. It was a stretch to get off the couch, but they were visiting from out of town for one night only. We had a lovely evening, a rare night off for all of us (no kids). I miss her dearly, she is like my sister. She is always a wonderful tonic to lift my spirits.

What things make you feel better on a blue day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...