Sunday, February 14, 2010

English love



I made this cushion (Project 35) on Friday out of an old British Naval Flag that I bought many, many years ago at Portabello Road Markets. It was very large and very fragile (the old linen tearing in places) I have never known what to do with it. Then I saw somewhere, or was it everywhere, pillows made from the Union Jack, so why not. I love it. And every time I see it, it seems to bring a little piece of England into our home. I met Mr Moo in England and I thoroughly loved the years I spent living there. It shaped who I am in many ways. England holds a piece of my heart, it always will.



10 things that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside when I think of England:

• My beautiful street filled with white cherry blossoms in the springtime.
• The lovely people I worked with, I was so lucky and blessed to have you in my life.
• Apple crumble and custard at the Chelsea Kitchen after a day (window) shopping on the Kings Road.
• The friends I made and the things we discovered together in London. Wonderful shops, bakeries, markets, galleries, coffee shops, restaurants, delicatessens. We shared some amazing theatre experiences and saw some great movies.
• Walking through Red Lion Square to work, kicking my way through the piles of autumn leaves.
• Cold Christmases. Mistletoe hanging in the doorway. Waking up to snow on Christmas morning. Picking out a live tree and lugging it home along the icy road. This is the way Christmas is suppose to be.
• Spending Saturday mornings at Portabello Road Markets, usually cold, then coming home to watch old movies and drink hot chocolate all afternoon.
• My English relatives. Very dear to my heart.
• Spending hours and hours in this book shop on winter afternoons
• Spiros (the chef I worked with) having a ham and swiss cheese croissant and coffee waiting for me when I arrived to work at 6:30am in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...