Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blogging


(this picture is from Moopy and Me)

This was the very first blog I ever came across. One day I was searching for some funky children's bedlinen when I found this link to Carly's blog. Not only did I discover the delights of Sprout, but also by going from link to link, I discovered other people out there just like me.


(image of Sprout fabric is from here)

At the time we had just moved to a new area. We lived in a very crappy house, where I spent all of my sleep deprived time with a new baby and a 2 year old. Speaking goo gaa all day long and falling asleep an hour after my husband got home, led to a pretty isolated existence. These blogs were like beacon of hope to me at that time.


(just look at Fiona's gorgeous monkey's)

I have been blogging myself, for just 2 months now. Still quite the amateur, wishing I had a better camera and not having a clue about some of the jargon that is being thrown about. Putting yourself out there is scary, what will people think? how will I be perceived? But if I could just inspire one person out in the big wide world, just like I have been inspired time and time again in so many different ways. Well, it would all be worth the risk.


(this fabric is from the talented Lara Cameron now of Ink and Spindle fame)

The people I have put onto my blog roll are some of the first blogs I ever discovered and have stayed close to my heart. There are so many, many, amazing people out there sharing there stories, talents and wisdom. I am discovering more with each day.


(this beautiful fabric design is from Auntie Cookie. We have this in red in Miss Moo Moo's bedroom)

I thank-you all for sharing a piece of yourselves with the world, and making anything seem possible.


(check out what some smart person did with Kristen's fabric. Too cute!)

Please note: All of these images are from 2007, when I first discovered these blogs.
Some products may not be available anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...