Friday, March 12, 2010

Bris Vegas Mini-break


(This photo was taken from here)

It was Mr Moo’s birthday on Tuesday and we went to Brisbane on a much needed mini- break. Grandma and Grandpa so very kindly looked after our children for us while we spent the next 3 days shopping and eating our way around the capital.



Movies: The last movie we saw together at the cinema was over 18 months ago. So, we took advantage of all our free time and saw “The Blind Side”, brilliant and “It’s Complicated”, where we both laughed until we cried.



Shopping: So many beautiful things to see, my wish list is too long. I am trying to work out how I can get back down to Brisbane for the day without Mr Moo so I can buy everything at Biome and Nook. We spent a lot of time in antique, bric brac and vintage shops – pure heaven. And went into way too many bookshops, of which I had officially banned myself for very good reason. On the back of a ratty envelope, I have a list of at least 14 new book titles that I simply must have. I also had a lot of fun buying a mountain of demin offcuts at Reverse Garbage, I huge place, but, I somehow did not make it past the fabric section!


(the Pearl Cafe)

Eating: As usual we ate far too much food. We had lots of coffee (lots!) We ate some great lunchtime panini’s at Brown Dog Café. Ate Vietnamese, Lebanese, Yum Cha and some fabulous modern Australian food at Anouk and Pearl Café. I really wish that Pearl Café was my local, the food was amazing, a great menu, made with top ingredients. Fresh, seasonal and local. Did I mention the attentive service and fantastic atmosphere? We ate a very special birthday dinner here, as well as going for coffee one day and breakfast the next.

Yes, I could see myself just popping in for a coffee and a piece of that Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheese Cake every other day. Divine dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...