Monday, April 15, 2013

Feeling poorly

I guess that it was inevitable, that I too, would get sick.

A vomiting bug had spread through almost everyone we knew and I was the last person to get it.

We had had happy plans for our two weeks of school holidays: simple days of play dates, baking, sewing, crafting, beach walks and bike rides. But instead we've spent the last 10 days housebound. All of us taking our turn lying on the lounge feeling miserable, sleeping away days and not eating.

Today the little monkey's returned to school, better, not contagious, perhaps a little tired. I have spent the day trying to return order to our home. Clearing our family room of piles of blankets, pillows, clothes, soft toys, barbie's and lego. But it is a slow start back to 'normal'. I've just had to make myself a cup of coffee to be able to make it through to dinner time. Because in reality, right now, I would love to trade places with the girl in the picture above.

I believe some people are still on school holidays and others are just starting. Stay well and enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. How terrible. You poor thing, tummy bugs are the worst. Hope you are all back to your healthy selves soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing, That sounds dreadful! Sickness is the pitts and made worse when we get sick too! We are on our last week in Term One, hoping for a peaceful school holidays and no sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, how awful,it's bad enough with one sick but all of you. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you ladies for the well wishes. I'm feeling better today, just tired and wishing we could start our holidays all over again!

      xo

      Delete
  4. Oh no...I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible sounding tummy bugs. What a shame you all didn't get to enjoy the holidays you so deserve. If there is anything I can do for you, please please let me know. Prue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you feel better soon...my twins and teen had a vomiting bug recently...then Daddy then me...awful isn't it!!Shame about your holidays though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...