Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Holidays







With the Easter Break over, most people have gone back to work today.

But I am happy that this morning, I could sleep in, have a lazy breakfast, leisurely spend the morning on the phone to a friend and to have no agenda at all.

I am looking forward to the holidays after a pretty busy long weekend.









Easter this year was:

• Easter Bonnet decorating and a parade at school - with dancing!
• Miss Moo Moo was the winner of an Easter raffle - she is lucky this girl, this is her second win this year.
• Easter bunting making.
• Easter crafting.
• Polish Apple Pancakes for Easter Sunday breakfast
• Salmon Salad and Calamari for Good Friday Lunch with family
• Our traditional Easter Egg Hunt
• A special Easter gift for me from my mum
• Winter pj's from the Easter Bunny - another Easter tradition
• Lindt balls and way too many chocolate bunnies.
• Milk and carrots for the Easter Bunny, after putting both a peeled and unpeeled carrot out for the Easter Bunny, it is now official. The Easter Bunny prefers his carrots unpeeled - did you know?

I hope you've had a happy Easter. Are you on holidays? What are you doing?

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend. We had a camping Easter this year which we all enjoyed. Two more weeks of school here and then we can take a deep breath and enjoy a change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a camper (it's a critter thing) but your camping trip looks like lots of fun. There really is nothing better than cooking over an open fire. Your photos reminded me of times camping on my Nana's farm with my older cousin's when I was a child. We would cook dinner over the campfire for our parents and I'd always end up going back with the last car - back to sleep with my Nana while my other cousins slept under the stars:)

      Delete
  2. The easter egg bunting is a wonderful idea.
    Your Good Friday seafood menu sounds delicious.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara, I made some more bunting that I'll probably post about tomorrow and look out for the Good Friday recipes on 'jelly peaches and ice-cream' later this week too:)

      I hope that you had a happy Easter too:)

      Delete
  3. Love the egg bunting and your tea cup is gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karyn, Yes! didn't my mum do well, such a surprise and such a beautiful gift. I am drinking my tea out of it right now:)

      I hope you had a lovely Easter xo

      Delete
  4. Ooh, lots of lovely bunnies around, love your Easter decor! LOVE the doily! Enjoy your lindt balls, if you have any left! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. The large doily/tablecloth was brought back from France by Mum many years ago. As for the lindt balls, yes, there is hardly any left, which is strange, since I have only eaten one!

      xoxo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...