Sunday, January 15, 2012

My flea market finds....



During the week I cut up some of my Australian vintage tea towel collection. I am making 'Australia Day' bunting to decorate our house on the 26th.

I found this very hard to do. This first one I actually haven't cut up yet. I think I would prefer to see it left whole as a cushion. But the rest have been neatly cut up into little triangles ready to be sewn up this afternoon or tomorrow. I really want to do it today, but we have started cleaning out our garage this weekend (and that's no quick job!) It is not nearly as fun as making vintage tea towel bunting.



Do you remember these calender tea towels. My Nana used to sticky tape her calender tea towels to the kitchen wall. Did yours?







Queensland



New South Wales





Tasmania



And South Australia.

Go here, to see what other treasures have been found this week

4 comments:

  1. what an awesome collection of tea towels- I can imagine they would have been hard to cut up but the bunting will look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a brilliant collection there!
    They are going to look fab as bunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Megan-what a collection! I've been on the look out for some tea towels for a little craft project too, but never find any. I used to see them everywhere when I wasn't in need of them. That's usually how it goes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the old Australiana tea towels. I've ctually been buying a few recently to use as tea towels because many of them are really good quality linen. And they make me smile each time I dry the dishes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...