Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our last days....



We have really been enjoying the last few days of the school holidays. I am very aware that these casual, lazy days will soon be over. In just few days, new routines will be made, stricter bedtimes will need to be adhered to.

This year, both of my children will be going to school.



Our farm stay was so much fun (as usual) we did not want to come home.

Soap making, apple, rhubarb and peach crumble, pink fairy dress ups and baby dolls, baby chickens, leg ham and salad sandwiches on fresh white bread, swimming pools, sandpits and ice-blocks, crochet, embroidery and vegetable gardens.



My cousin and I enjoyed many cups of tea and some lovely mummy chitchat. Despite the constant interruptions that come with seven children, a husband at home and a kitchen renovation in full swing, we happily found time to discuss motherhood, op shopping, expectations, crafting, family, homesteading, dreams, reality, gardening, blogging, farming and slowing down.



This morning (back at home) we went to see "Charlotte's Web" a fantastic production put on by a small local theatre company. I loved it! Lots of laughs and fun for all ages. Tonight we took the book off the shelf and we have started reading our first chapter book together.



But it's not all fun and games. While Mr Moo and the kids watched "Horton Hears a Who" on DVD this afternoon, I had other things on my mind.

• I brought in, folded and put away three loads of washing. I put on another load of whites to soak overnight.

• I unpacked our farm stay bag.

• I made three batches of bolognese sauce and three batches of taco mince to go into the freezer.

• I cleaned out the fridge and tried to find room for the three large boxes of fruit I bought on the way home from my cousin's farm. There is sauce making and preserving on the list for later in the week.

• I sorted out all of the school books (and supplies) ready to be covered and labelled tomorrow morning.

I am really looking forward to bed tonight.

Are you ready for school? Are your children rested?

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you wouldn't want to leave, all the fun of the farm. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have another week of holidays here. Which is good because my husband is away until Wednesday and I've simply been in survival mode so no, nothing organised at all! Well done for making the most of your last few holiday days and getting things sorted! Sounds like a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to school we go! Didn't the holidays just fly by? Happy 2012:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...