Friday, January 13, 2012

Not much handmade





Our Christmas wasn't as handmade as I would have liked. I started a few things for my children that didn't get finished in time. Those projects now sit in my WIP basket for another time. Perhaps once the children return to school.

For friends and cousins we made some little vintage style dolls and christmas tree decorations. I used the last of this transfer paper, (I now prefer to use this product, even though it is more expensive) and some paper doll images. Miss Moo Moo was very particular and picked out a doll design and dress for each person. Mr Moo was in charge of photoshop.

I also made some library/tote bags from vintage fabric, sorry no photos.



But since then it has been all ideas and no time to get anywhere near my sewing machine.

I have been doing some mending: a little cow toy now has his tail sewn back on, a mermaid dress has it's straps repaired, there has been new buttons put onto an old dress, two dolly pillows have been mended, a thrifted dolly's ballet tutu has been mended and now dolly is ready to twirl, a reindeer antler has been reattached to it's headband and a small rip in Miss Moo Moo flamenco dress has been darned.



On Sunday I started cutting up my Australian vintage tea towel collection to be made into bunting, (hopefully) this weekend it will be sewn up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh phew - its not just me that still has Christmas WIPs. I too am feeling quite pleased with the sizeable repairs pile reduced. Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. I'm glad that my daughter is finally off my case - all of the mending was for her!

      Delete
  2. My idea of a handmade christmas went out the window last year -I really don't know what I was thinking even trying to! This year I hope, must start a lot earlier though!! Love the look of those transfer sheets, must try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...