Thursday, March 14, 2013

A beachy mini break














At the very last minute, Mr Moo wanted to go away for his birthday. I rang our favourite place, almost laughing as I asked the question and yes! they had one cabin, this weekend or not until June. I guess it was meant to be.

The highlight of the weekend was an evening spent on the beach, after dusk and before darkness. I sat with a glass of wine in my hand and watched as the children danced in the waves on the edge of the shore. They splashed and ran and jumped and skipped and hopped and tripped and leapt as the sky blackened behind them. They shrieked, they yelled, they sang, they screamed, they laughed.

Pure joy.

And then there was this day. The morning of our departure. A Monday morning. We had the entire beach to ourselves.

Deserted beaches, on blustery days, my favourite way to spend time at the beach.

What is your favourite way to enjoy the beach?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...