Sunday, March 24, 2013

This last week

During the last week I have....



Been surprised by my mother, she turned up unexpectedly at my door with this gorgeous bunch of flowers. It is amazing how much fresh flowers can lift your mood.

During a week that should have been all about her, she was thinking of me. Wow, that is why we love our mum's so much!


 I have started eating healthier lunches - outside, instead of in front of the computer.





 I have chosen the fabrics for two quilts. One for the girls.





And one for the boys. To snuggle under while reading or watching a movie during winter.

They will be made from vintage flannelette, a collection of flannelette from my own childhood and thrifted finds. A fairly ambitous project since I have never quilted before. I will be keeping it simple that's for sure. I would like to get these made before it gets too cold. Now all I need to do is work out a pattern (random squares - but what size?) and find the time.

Perhaps I don't need to stress too much, we slept with our fans on again last night!


I have baked three different apple cakes.




I ironed up all of my Irish linens for our St Patrick's Day dinner last Sunday night. I'll share my Irish recipes over at 'jelly, peaches and ice-cream' tomorrow.


My 'Miss Maggie Rabbit' kit arrived in the post. In truth, just in time for Easter. However, with one very busy week ahead and an already bulging basket of Easter gifts hidden away, I will sadly put this kit aside for now. Instead it will be made for Miss Moo Moo's birthday in September. She is bunny mad at anytime of the year.



I have spent some time helping out at my Mum's cafe.



I have washed up some of my new op shop finds.


I have finished sorting through all of our seasonal decorations. Our Christmas decorations were in four different places throughout our house, stashed here and there, some in baskets, some in boxes, but now they are organised. Six large plastic containers of Christmas decorations alone. I have containers for Easter, Halloween, Birthdays, Bunting, Fairy Lights and Australia Day.

This week, I need to make some pretty labels and move these onto the shelving in the garage. In turn, that means I need to sort out the garage, Arrgh! A job that might need to wait until after the holidays. But these must be moved, because right now, I have 16 containers in my entrance hall, no one can come in the front door. Oh dear. Yes, this week.

I have also been to a church fete, swimming lessons, and an 'eighth' birthday party.

I have caught up with a friend in the park for a play date, babysat for another friend and I have  enjoyed an evening by candlelight for Earth Hour.

What have you been up to this last week?  Have you had a productive, busy week too?

2 comments:

  1. Gosh that's a decent collection of seasonal decorations. The sorting into tubs will make the decorating and packing away so much more enjoyable.
    Lovely linen tea towels.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Zara. I love to decorate our house for different celebrations (something that is now a big thing for my kids) But when it comes to packing away, I just can’t find the fun in it. I am pretty excited about this new system I can tell you.

    I just snapped a pic at my washing line and realised later I should have turned the washing around for a better look. Those couple of tea towels are right up their with my all time favourite finds:)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...