Thursday, February 21, 2013

Eight


Eight ....really!?

Spunky Monkey : A time capsule of sorts for my little/big boy.

• the only game that you want at this years party, is a pinata.

• sometimes at night, 10 minutes after you are in bed and I think you are asleep, you yell out : "I love you Mum, night, night." This makes my heart melt every time.

• you are mad for Lego right now, but you definitely don't want any Star Wars Lego. I'm not sure why.

• you hate wearing jeans.

• during winter you live in tracksuit pants and hoodies. All jumpers must have a hood and a zip front.

• you have only recently discovered computer games. You would stay on Kizi all day if I let you.

• you are a collector, you can't help it, it's in your genes. You collect: money (foreign and old) cloth badges (scouts and tourist) rocks, shells, stamps (old, foreign and new) and tourist teaspoons. Sometimes old dice, and sometimes bottle caps. You were collecting trash packs for a while, but not anymore. And you are half-heartedly collecting hot wheels.

• On most days I can't see your bedroom floor. On most days it is covered with Lego, coins, rocks, marbles and little things made from boxes and sticky tape. Oh, and usually your pajama's.

• you love to op shop

• you love eating meat patties for dinner right now: chicken, beef, pork or fish, but you still turn your nose up at casserole every single time.

• you eat your biscuits with a fork, some people think this is strange, but it is just you.

• you love to go off riding your bike with your Dad, pushing the boundaries: going off road and riding on roads that I think are too dangerous.

Some days you move to fast for me, it can be hard to keep up, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have known you now for eight years and there is something wonderful and exciting to learn about you with each new day.

Life must have been pretty boring before you came along. I love you baby boy, Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Spunky Monkey....watch out for the postman! xo
    Eight years hey! Wonder what the next eight will be like ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know it goes fast! We will be watching out for the postman:)

      xo

      Delete
  2. He's sweet, My son loves hoodies too!!! and lego. Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you lovely comment. Yeah, hoodies, I don't get it! It a boy thing I guess:)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely time capsule. These things are never forgotten if you write them down. Oliver always says the same thing every night to me - " Good night Mum, Love you, be comfortable in bed, don't let the bed bugs bite, sweet dreams, what are you gonna dream about? " He does this every night. I love it. I then have to tell him all the things I am going to dream about and then he is happy to go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sooo sweet, oh these boys of ours are cute!!!

      xo

      Delete
  4. Oh so beautiful, you make us mama's cry here. What a special beautiful boy. Enjoy every minute xxx

    http://mindfullygreen.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...