Sunday, September 26, 2010

Besotted with the ballet



The Nutcracker.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I find myself wanting to live in a world where it snows at Christmas, somewhere, where, every single year, I can dress up and take the whole family to see the Nutcracker during the last week before Christmas.

This ballet has cast it's spell on me. I had told Miss Moo Moo the story before the ballet had started and she spotted things on stage before I had. "Look Mum, here come the cheeky mice" It was lovely watching it with her, even if she did get a bit tired during the second act.

It also brought back beautiful memories of going to the theater with my mother when I was a child.

Heartwarming in every way.

The image above is from here. And while the costumes are completely different in this production. The 'waltz of the snowflakes' was one of my favourite parts of the ballet.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds beautiful, I still haven't been to to the ballet, unless you count a local ballet school production of the nutcracker - which actually was beautiful and I so wanted to go home and make tutu's afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...