Monday, September 13, 2010

Temperature's, sprains, snuffles and nausea


(this image is from one of my own childhood favourite's, 'Debbie's Dream', now one of Miss Moo Moo's favourite books as well)

Miss Moo Moo's fourth birthday came and went without much fun fare, I'm afraid. I'm sure we will make up for it this Saturday with her official birthday party.

Spunky Monkey was home sick from school. We had to cancel our afternoon tea plans. So the day was spent with a bit of dvd watching and a lot of playing with new toys when Spunky Monkey was asleep. The doll was a big hit. And so were a couple of ebay barbies and their clothes.

The weekend too, took a very slow pace. The reason for this: I spent until 2am on Friday night (Saturday morning) at the hospital emergency ward with Mr Moo who had sprained his ankle late Friday afternoon. Nothing is broken and we have piece of mind, but oh, the wait! And wouldn't you know it, my beautiful children, then woke during the night. Miss Moo Moo, twice and Spunky Monkey, once.

Then...... At 4:30am I woke to my son in the playroom, wrapped in blanket with a UFO book in his hands. Bright eyed and bushy tailed, he wanted to talk about outer space! It didn't matter that it was still pitch dark, "Have you seen these aliens, Mum?" He couldn't understand that he had had 10 hours sleep and I had had one hour sleep. "Mum do you want to see the page with the shooting star?" It was time to get up!

Miss Moo Moo woke up with the snuffles and the sneezes.

So, the weekend went about slowly, lazing in local parks, eating fish and chips and stealing small moments of rest when possible. Quiet play and a bit of pottering. Really nice actually, I would have really enjoyed if I hadn't felt so very exhausted.

Today, I woke feeling nauseous, so I stayed very close to home, being very unproductive. I hope to be back to normal tomorrow, and ready to tackle the week. It is the last week before the school holidays begin and just four days to organise Miss Moo Moo's party, that I haven't even thought about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...