Monday, September 13, 2010

Productive





Last week, I whipped up these drawstring bags from some vintage sheets and op shop fabric. Hopefully this will keep the piles of dolls clothes more organised than they have been in the past, so far it seems to be working.





I had also started a new 'Happy Birthday' banner, and today finished it. I had made one for Spunky Monkey's first birthday, but was never totally happy with it. It might be hard to believe, but I did not know about blogs back then. Yes true, I only discovered blogging about three and a half years ago. And thank goodness for that, as earlier in the month I was able to find a few different examples of how I wanted my banner to look and even ways to make it.

Inspiration and instruction is everywhere. Hooray!

I have now made a keepsake birthday banner that I am proud of and one that will come out for every birthday for years to come. The fabrics are a mixture of my favourites. Vintage sheets, tablecloths, pillowcases and curtains, some are designer, one is from Spotlight, a few were bought overseas and one was a pillowcase from my childhood bed. I didn't have much fun cutting out and sewing the letters, but it is all worth it when you realise that you have made a family heirloom.

Ready for the party this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...