Monday, August 8, 2011

And then there were two



Congratulations to Kate - the winner of Masterchef 2011.

Australians, have you been watching too?

It was great to see Kate going from strength to strength throughout the series. She is a brilliant and clever cook. If someone had put that carrot/snowman dish in front of me and asked me to make it, I would have passed out.

I had secretly wanted Kate to win. Of course I did, we are close in age and are both stay at home mothers who love to cook. I had read on the Masterchef website that she didn't go into cooking as a career because of the hospitality hours, me too! I guess I could relate to her.

What amazing support she must have had for her to be able to follow this dream. Being away from her children for 14 weeks would have been a hard thing to do. She has said that she wanted to be a role model for her children, to show them that you can do anything that you put your mind to.

As Gary said on the show last night, she was not only a role model for her family, but to to all of us.

Good for you Kate, proving that anything is possible, whatever your dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Kate too. So unassuming yet quietly clever. Pleased the whole thing is finished though - there's been far too much telly watching here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...