Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Having a 'sick holiday' today



I have both of my children home from school today. More for recuperating than anything else. It has meant that they (not me) are still in their pajama's and the TV has been on since early this morning. At about 11:00am, Spunky Monkey, who hadn't eaten all morning, requested I make pancakes. Instead of pancakes, I cooked these Irish griddle scones that we had seen on The Martha Stewart Show yesterday morning.

I don't know how they eat them in Ireland, but we all stood at the kitchen bench and ate them smothered with golden syrup or maple syrup. Yummy.

Miss Moo Moo is calling this our 'sick holiday'.

It does seem to be a bit of a holiday. I have just peaked into the family room, the kids are quiet, snuggled and cuddling on a single mattress, under the doona; two tiny heads sticking out watching ABC kids.

I secretly love these kind of sick days. I know they will be feeling better tomorrow after this day of rest. (well, I hope so) As for me, I'm about to bake a batch of cookies and do a bit of crafting.

A holiday? Indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, they sound good - I think Maggie Beer did something similar on the Cook and The Chef years ago. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s1581170.htm I have made them a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope they're on the mend. We're finally over all that this week. Seems everyone is sick lately! I must check out that recipe - sounds rather intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...