Friday, August 19, 2011

This week - our rhythm


This last week has been a bit of a blur. In seven days we have done this:

this book arrived - just now. Hot off the press!
• I have been to the library four times
• we have watched the complete series of "Escape to River Cottage" on DVD
• we have had to two hairdresser appointments, one teacher appointment, one bank appointment and one doctors appointment.
• I have bought eight new books, some from the op shop and the others on line: this one and this one
• the children had a fun afternoon having professional photos taken at Grandma's place. Followed by a delicious afternoon tea: lemon cake, pumpkin scones, mini orange cakes, and chocolate strawberries
• one night we ate out at Mum's restaurant for dinner
• we spent a lovely morning at a friends place for a playdate
• we took Mum out for breakfast to her favourite cafe on her birthday - the traditional big breakfast, great coffee, glorious sunshine and kids happily playing in the park
• I have been to the grocery shop 4 times - once I forgot my purse and two other times I forgot my shopping list so I came home with only half of what I needed.
• I have baked gingernuts and apple crumble
• we have made homemade pizzas together
• we had a date night out: a yummy Thai dinner and this movie
• we went on a picnic by the river (picnic chicken, salad, gingernuts, strawberries and orange wedges) Just as we laid out the food, a big black cloud came up from behind and it started pouring rain. We ended up eating our picnic lunch in the car on our laps.
• we went fishing, but didn't catch anything
• I did some on-line shopping at 3:00am
• we played board games and did new puzzles
• the boys have been on three early morning bike rides
• we have visited two community gardens
• I have been op shopping and going to garage sales
• we went to a farmers market and bought lots of yummy local fruit and vegetables
• we went to a school carnival and ran into friends, which was nice
• I have almost finished reading this book, the first book I have read in 2 years. Thanks Michelle for blogging about it.
• I went to our first 'craft night' in 6 months.
• the kids had a pupil free day, mid-week.
• I have done seven loads of washing
• we have visited this cafe twice - it has the best coffee around.

Tonight we are going out for dinner to celebrate my Dad's and his girlfriends birthday's (Happy Birthday Nora) and this weekend I am hoping to............ breath.

4 comments:

  1. You have certainly had a most productive week...I often wonder what my week would look like written down.
    Those two cook books look good and I am loving the look of Amanda's new book :)

    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far out you get through a lot in a week! I'm with Tammi - I wonder what mine would look like too. I'm quite certain it's not quite as much fun as yours!

    I need to get that book - it looks like a soother. Thanks for the link! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must mean my copy is not far off either! Sounds like an enjoyably packed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have all done so much great stuff, makes me feel like I don't do enough fun stuff.
    I must order my copy as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...