Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Martha Stewart





I can't seem to get Martha Stewart's garden out of my mind.

We don't really watch TV in the morning, but one day a couple of months ago I switched on and discovered The Martha Stewart Show on at 7:30 am. On that first show that I saw, Martha was giving a tour of her beautiful gardens, grounds and stables at her home, Cantitoe Corners in Bedford.

You can see a similar tour of her garden and stables here. Read more about Cantitoe Corners here, or see a few more photos here.











I want one too. Please. Pretty Please.

Here's what I love about her garden.

• a cutting garden - flowers to picked just for the house
• a thriving vegetable patch
• a tree lined, hedged driveway
• daffodils and bulbs planted under the deciduous trees
• weeping willows on the wetlands
• live stock and a chicken palace - know as a coop to you and me
• an orchard
• a large barn for parties - Martha uses the stables, but I'm not a horsey kind of girl
• a guest house in the woods
• her use of recycled timbers - the fences were brought down from Canada and remade on her farm
• and so much more.....

I know we are not all Martha Stewart, we (I) don't have an inexhaustible budgets and an army of workers to work our land (I don't even have land!)

But inspiration has been found.

Wouldn't you like to wander the grounds of Cantitoe Corners too?

(All images are from Martha's blog)

1 comment:

  1. One can only dream! It's the perfect looking farm house. Especially doable is the cutting garden - love that idea :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...