Monday, August 29, 2011

Last week in our kitchen



We had lots of fun making apple pie and decorating it with our new alphabet letters.



We enjoyed a simple roast chicken for dinner - midweek. Served with roast vegetables, steamed greens and gravy.



We tried a few new 'chicken nugget' recipes. Served with lemon roasted potatoes, tzatziki, garlic yoghurt sauce and always, a salad.



We cooked chickpea and feta fritters and greek zucchini fritters. Served with a herbs salad, tomato and olive salad and leftover tzatziki and garlic yoghurt sauce





During the coldest week we have had, Spunky Monkey decided to make fruit iceblocks before school one day. This is how I found him in the kitchen. We were out of yoghurt, so he had decided to use milk instead.



They were well received that afternoon after school - despite the chilly temperatures.



We boiled some fresh peanuts that we had been given by a friend. Go here to see how I cooked them, or to learn more about boiled peanuts. Apparently they are not to everyone's taste!?



My husband cooked me this breakfast on Sunday morning. Poached eggs, garden spinach, roasted mushrooms and feta on rye. And my all important, Sunday morning, strong black coffee.





We had fun making homemade pizzas with some leftovers



We made pancakes for breakfast on Saturday.

What have you and your family been cooking this week?

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm yum! Those chicken nuggets actually look like nuggets I would want to eat. Love how your son makes his own ice blocks (might have to use that idea round here!) Nice looking breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many great meals! do you a link for the chick pea and feta fritters? I am trying to add more protein into our diets and i was just looking for some chick pea recipes last night in my recipe books. megan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well haven't you been busy in the kitchen Mrs Moo...Everything looks Delicious!! I'm starving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what other people eat during the week, it all looked so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I don't think I have ever had roast envy before. Seriously that looks like one big plate of yum

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...