Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reverb'12 - Day One: This Day

Firstly, lets pretend that I posted this last night (the actual first day of reverb12

I did write this last night, however, I was too exhausted to upload the photos. 

Read on - you will understand.

I am so very grateful that I found out about reverb12.

In a round about way, it found me.

Last year I took part in Blogotberfest, however this year I had barely blogged at all. Only days after returning to blogging regularly, I was contacted by the lovely Kat to join in with Blogotberfest 2012. I couldn't believe that I actually said yes. I certainly found my blogging rhythm again quickly, after months being away from this space.

What I also found on Kat's blog was this thing called 'reverb.' Intrigued, I read more about it, I got excited, ridiculously so, and I marked it in my diary.

So here we are now and 'reverb12' has started today. I feel a little giddy and I have butterflies in my tummy. I'm not sure why. The adventure perhaps? What will this month bring to being? I have felt this year whoosh past. I am excited that something, (a force bigger than me?) is making me stop and take notice of what is happening around me.

I guess my blog will take on a bit of a different feel over the next month. More, how I feel, rather than, what I did. But it is still the silly season and life goes on. There will be plenty of festive posts coming your way as well. 






Now, to start with the first question of the month:



I am sure that Kat didn't expect me to take her question prompts so literally, but today that is what I am going to do. Focusing mainly on today's happenings, I have written two answers to each question. I realise now, that how I felt this morning is different than how I feel tonight.



I read this post this morning before breakfast and this is how I felt.

How are you starting this last month of 2012?
 
how do you feel...

Overwhelmed... I'm not ready. I'm not ready for it to be December first. I not ready for Christmas and all of the pressures that it brings. I'm not ready for 2013 that will be here so very soon. I am expecting a lot from 2013. I want life to be different. I want to be different. It is overwhelming. 

how do you feel in your body?

I am not so tired today, I feel good in myself, I know things will get done. 

how do you feel in your mind?

My mind is unclear, fuzzy and filled with disorganised thoughts. 

Today has been set aside to decorate the house for Christmas, but this morning I spent over an hour sorting out the mess in my cd drawers, a job that has been on my 'to do' list for months. After breakfast, I re-organised the kids wardrobes!

how do you feel in your day job?

Today's plans have had to be changed. I had planned to spend this day at home, doing odd jobs and setting up the Christmas tree and decorations. But as of last night some changes have had to be made: grandparents need to be collected at the airport, extra groceries need to be bought, there is now a Christmas lunch to attend, and spray paint to buy. I need to realise that Christmas is not called the 'silly season' for nothing. 

I need to relax, because if there is anytime when I need to be flexible, it is this time of year. Does it really matter if the kids have ice-cream on a weeknight because I have run out of the organic yoghurt that I buy from half and hour away? Probably not!

how do you feel in your creative life? 

I haven't crafted for almost a year, a few months ago I contemplated giving away all of my fabric and moving my sewing machine to the garage. 

I'm glad that I didn't! Last week I found some Australiana tea towels that I had bought a while back. I spent a quiet afternoon cutting it into bunting pieces to add to my bunting, I had made in January. It was just that one, quiet afternoon that brought the joy of creating, back for me. As Christmas nears, I am bursting to start some Christmas crafting, however I know I will need to schedule it in if it is going to happen. It is safe to say, that my list is a little overwhelming (there's that word again!)

how do you feel in your heart?

Despite the chaos in my head, in my heart I feel at peace. There is acceptance and now my heart seems more open. I'm a little trepidatious for the future. But this morning, there is calm. 








As the day has ended, and with things a little more in place, I feel a little differently about the start of December.

How are you starting this last month of 2012?

how do you feel...

Hopeful... I am ready. I'm ready for it all. Life will not be perfect this December, but I can do my best, to be the best person that I can be, at any given time. Some days I won't feel like it. Some days we will eat eggs for dinner. Some days I will behave badly. But that is OK, at least I will be trying. Hoping and trying and doing and risking.  

Hopeful... because I have a much more achievable 'to do' list written out for tomorrow. There is nothing like crossing off a 'to do' list to give you hope and relieve the stress. 

how do you feel in your body?  

Happily exhausted from my day.


how do you feel in your mind? 

Tired, I believe the expression is 'brain dead.' I have over thought all aspects of my life today (and that's nothing to do with reverb12!) Maybe a movie now or just bed. Yes, sleep. Sleep would be sensible.

how do you feel in your day job? 

My day job can be challenging. Ah yes! I'm a stay at home Mum, most of the people in my family think I sit around and watch TV all day. 

Aspects of my day today, were challenging, but I was proud of the way that I handled the troubles with my children, everyday is a learning curve. Each day I am learning more and understanding more, which I think is the key. Some days I do well and others I do not. But I wouldn't change a thing. I can only aspire to do it better.

how do you feel in your creative life? 

I have minimised my craft 'to do' list since this morning. I have picked out the fabric for a Christmas bunting that I want to make, and have come to terms with the fact that my fabric advent calender may or may not be finished before Christmas. I hope to set aside an hour a day to craft. I'm  making it a priority, so we can have some handmade gifts under the tree. Handmade with love, is important to me. Creating is important to me.

how do you feel in your heart? 

My heart is full. It is filled to the brim with joy when I see my children take on the traditions and routines of our Christmas decorating."Who's turn is it to put the angel on the tree?" "Mum, put the Christmas Carol's on, Dad's got the tree out!" and oh so many more. These are traditions that I have either started, or passed on. It is wonderful to see them delight in the details of life that are so special to me.

I will (fingers crossed) be back later today to join in with Day Two.

And also today, I hope to post over at jelly peaches and ice-cream, all about my 'Nana inspired' roast chicken dinner.

Until then, I am pottering and pondering.

How about you? How are you starting this last month of 2012? Maybe you are joining in with reverb12 too?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. I was so very excited when I discovered reverb too - how could I have missed it till now. Looking forward to reading more of your ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie, I just hope I can keep up with the challenge. It getting extremely busy around these parts:)

      xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...