Saturday, December 22, 2012

"Keep Cool Fool"

(Grace Knight image from here)

Reverb'12 Question 11: What was music to your ears?

My husband and I went to one concert this year, it was a rare night out. We saw Grace Knight who was touring our area and played in a small intimate venue. We sat, cabaret style, it was dinner and a show. Perfect.

I love Grace Knight, we have seen her in concert a few times before, she is fantastic live. This night did not disappoint. It was fun, it was lively and as usual, when she sang "Fever" the whole place was jumping. But it was her two opening songs that really stuck with me.

Did she know I was coming? Had she written them just for me? It was like she had pulled a chair up to our table, sat down and softly sang the words to us. The words of those songs were exactly what we needed to hear on that night.

I don't listen to the radio, so I rarely listen to new music. I loved this new CD, especially some of the Irish songs that she sings on it. We bought our CD on the night and got a signed copy as we have done at other concerts. While I was in the line, I was chatting to an older man and talking about Grace Knight and her music. I think he was surprised when I said I had all of her CD's. I realised then, that her music is almost the soundtrack of my life. From right back when I had the Eurogliders record blasting out during my teenage years at home. Her music has filled every home I've lived in, and particular songs bring back memories of those times, whether I was 16, 21 or 33.


(Melody Gardot image from here )





(Katie Melua image from here)


(Madeleine Peyroux image from here )


(Morcheeba image from here)

(Norah Jones image from here )

And in the last month I have been listening to new CD's by Norah Jones, Melody Gardot, Madeleine Peyroux, Katie Melua and Morcheeba, actually, maybe they are not new? but they are new to me. They are all in the player, I'm discovering new favourites. Things have been pretty swoony around here while I wrapped the last of the Christmas presents today.

What are you listening to right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...