Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lessons


Reverb'12 Question 6: What did you learn?

2012 has been quiet a journey. It has only been during the last month that I have realised all that I have gained from this, my least favourite year. I learned:

• The only thing that's constant in life is change, I might not like it, but I will be OK.

• I can love someone and help them when they need me, but I can only guide them, I can't change their way of thinking. I know that sometimes I need to walk away with the knowledge that I have done all that I can.

• I can love someone and help them when they need me, but I must still make myself the priority, I am no good to anybody if I am sleep deprived or not eating well.

• That I am only human, I will make mistakes and do things that I am not proud of. That everyday is a new day and I can aim to do better.

• That I am everything that I need. If I look deep within, I am there; with strength, confidence and love.

The last point is a bit 'Eat, Pray, Love' but it's true. This realisation is slow and the journey continues. It's a process. Day by day, I am growing more confident with the decisions that I am making for my future and how I want to live my life.

What did you learn during 2012? Was it a life lesson or a perhaps a new skill?

The image above is by the wonderful Nikki McClure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...