Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Still dreaming....


Reverb'12 Question 5: What was your dream destination in 2012 and why? 


























I didn't make it, but it was Tasmania.

Why? For the food! For local wines and artisan beers. For growers markets and pick-your-own-farms. For antique stores. For seasons. For history. For the wilderness. For country drives. For fireplaces.

Why? because Mt Wellington was the very first place that I ever saw snow. I was eight. Mt Wellington was the very first place that my husband ever saw snow. He was eight. My kids are desperate to see snow. I think Mt Wellington would be a good place to start, don't you?

Why? Because for a very long time I have wondered... could I? would I? should I? move to Tasmania.

Why? Because there is no point dreaming about riads in Morocco, farmhouses in Sweden or beach houses in Uruguay, until you know your 'place' in your everyday life. 

Is Tasmania the 'place' for me? In 2013, I would like to get a chance to find out.


I have written about my Tasmanian dreaming before.

What is your dream destination?

These images are from all over the beautiful apple isle: Island Menu (one of my favourite food blogs - check it out) Slow Food Hobart, The Agrarian Kitchen (I am so desperate to visit this place), And sometimes I just sit and lastly the lovely Hugo and Elsa.

3 comments:

  1. We share the same dream you and I. I have never been to Tasmania but I have devoured every little tidbit about it that I can get my hands and eyes on. It's definitely a place I dream about, often and would love to live. I'll get there for a visit one day :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasmania has been my dream destination for years, not just 2012. My only trip there was when I was eight years old, it had quiet an impact!

    One day I'll get there as a grown up:) Hopefully soon.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would love to get there sometime soon - your images are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...