Sunday, December 9, 2012

Looking after you


It seems that I have set my own rhythm for the reverb'12 challenge. I wholeheartedly intend to respond to all of the 31 questions, however it will be at a slower pace, I suspect, I'll be taking these musings into the new year.

It is simply not possible for me to be here everyday. This coming week is the children's last week at school and I will be at school everyday too. There is a 'wet play day', a carols concert, a Christmas craft day, and separate break-up parties for both Spunky Monkey and Miss Moo Moo. There is 'bring a plate' cooking to be done for each.

With that said, it is appropriate, I think, to be answering the following question today.

Reverb'12 Question 4: How are you going to celebrate your self this festive season? 

I would love to tell you that I'm taking off for a week of solitude. Somewhere fabulous, somewhere cold. Somewhere with impeccable food, a roaring log fireplace and a great book. Somewhere where I could snuggle deep under a fluffy doona and role over and go back to sleep in the morning. Somewhere where I could pad around in Swedish woollen socks on aged floorboards. Somewhere that I could sit in an over sized chair and look out of the window with a cup of french hot chocolate.

But that's not what's happening, it's not even possible. So I have gone to Plan B, which perhaps is a better idea all together.

I am entertaining!

No, I am not talking about the Christmas lunch that I am preparing for my family or the New Year's Eve barbecue that I am having with my cousins and their children. I'm talking about real entertaining - with friends! This Christmas, I have completely stepped out of my comfort zone and invited twenty mum's from school to a "Long Table Christmas Dinner" (mum's only) To be honest, I'm a little out of practise. The couple times that I have done this in the last eight years, were not that successful, I forgot things and having small children underfoot was very disruptive. Entertaining is who I am, it is time that I return to it. I am excited.

You can read a little bit more about my love affair with food here.

What about you, what are you doing, just for you, this festive season?

Maybe you are throwing a Christmas party too?

The image above is from this website, take a peek, if you are into beautiful wedding photography, you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I would love a week of solitude but alas that is just not going to happen. We are however having a low key Christmas which I am looking forward to.
    Really love the sound of your long table xmas dinner, it will give you each a wonderful opportunity to catch up sans children. Enjoy.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I don’t know about you, but it is always such a rush at school pick-up for me. I drop and collect both of my children from their classrooms at opposite ends of the school. I always feel rude, I can’t stand around and chat. I only ever get a chance to talk to the other mum’s at children’s birthday parties!

      Enjoy your quiet Christmas, ours will be a small affair this year too. At first, I was a bit sad about this, but I realise now that this could be a good thing:)

      xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...