Saturday, December 22, 2012

Taking risks


Reverb'12 Question 10 - What was the greatest risk you took in 2012? What was the outcome?

You know what, I think that this is it!

Joining up for reverb'12 and posting my answers here in this space.

Because really, who is reading? No one? Everyone?

I'll admit that after my very first post, I woke up in mild panic. I thought I might delete the post I had just written. I thought I would send a polite e-mail to Kat saying: "sorry, I made a mistake, I can't be part of this after all". But then I took a deep breath. This is where I am at.

I know I could have opted to start a private journal for my answers, but as silly as that sounds, that didn't occur to me until later. This was an Internet challenge and I saw it as that. So I have written about things that I usually keep from my blog. This is my happy place, there's no place here for doom and gloom or self discovery. But then I realised, if my blog wasn't about self discovery (perhaps in a round about kind of way) and self expression, then what was? I like to blog about what we did, where we went or what we ate. It highlights some memories, I might otherwise forget. It documents chapters in my life. Well this is a chapter. As if riding a tidal wave, I am on a journey to self discovery and change whether I like it or not. When reverb'12 is over. I'll go back to blogging about those changes in a more practical ways. My posts will be more about 'doing' than 'feeling'. I will feel safer with those kinds of post, less vulnerable than I am now.

I chose to continue with reverb'12 in this space, wondering, if maybe? Does anyone else out there feel the same? I have appreciated those who have commented, other people focusing on a personal journey of there own.

And how do I feel about it? The outcome thus far?

Liberated. Excited. Brave.

It seems like such a long time since I have really taken notice of this life of mine and where I am in it.

It feels good.

What risks did you take during 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I must say I am enjoying this series, it's really giving me food for thought. Good on you for stepping out of your comfort zone too, sometimes it's that little push that we need to really take stock about our lives.

    I think my biggest risk this year has been following my heart and opening shop. It was a huge thing for me to put myself out there but I am so glad I did it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...